HTML Question

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 02:12:49 PDT 2009

As you have already learned: Frames. Frames are, however, a bit tricky
- you have always to know which frames to activate when you are using
links, etc.

But since you ask this way, it could mean that you are not so familiar
with HTML. Presupposing that, I would point out another way which is
to use tables and set the rowspan attribute of the applicable TD to
the number of rows left in the table. Or you can set up a two cell
table with the sidehead in the (left) cell and add a main table within
the other cell. This is how it was often done in the old days, but
slows the browsers down a bit.

A third way would be to use CSS to fix an area for this "box". Here
there is a steeper learning curve.

For HTML, XML, CSS, see, e.g.: http://www.w3schools.com/ and http://w3.org

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
Air Atlanta Icelandic
Iceland

2009/3/30  <seawin22 at aol.com>:
> Does anyone know how to set up an HTML web page so that there is one narrow navigation column on the left side of the web page that sits alongside the paragraphs on the right side of the page?
> Sorry to bug you with this, but I just can't figure it out.
> Thanks, M

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
 -- Edsel Murphy, dec.