Paragraph Designer Sticks in FM9

Corcoran, Susan Susan.Corcoran at Honeywell.com
Wed May 6 08:29:04 PDT 2009

Hello fellow Framers,

I've upgraded to FM9 recently and I've found an odd quirk.  I wonder if
anyone else has seen the paragraph designer get stuck on a single panel?
I can be working along just fine, and suddenly the paragraph designer
refuses to switch views between Basic, Default Font, Pagination, etc.  I
can get the dropdown list of tags, but cannot change the tag name.  I
can get rid of the panel or pod, but each time I bring up paragraph
designer, it's still stuck.  Occasionally I can fix this by closing and
reopening the doc, but more often I have to restart Framemaker.  I work
with it in both structured and unstructured and it has happened with
both.

Has anyone else seen this or know what could cause it?
I'm running FM9 through Tech Comm Suite on Windows XP.

Susan Corcoran

Technical Writer III
Honeywell Scanning & Mobility