Inventory of Template Features

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:36:17 PDT 2009

Hi Nancy

This plugin can prevent you from wrecking your headers (Running H/F):

http://www.frameexpert.com/plugins/importformatsspecial/index.htm

I don't have a spreadsheet, but I do have a "Template Guide" (or sometimes I
call it a "metatemplate"), in which I document (almost) everything which I
have designed in my template. It's just a regular FrameMaker file in which I
have examples of all of my paragraph tags, character tags, table formats,
cross-reference formats etc. I also briefly describe how to use some
components of the template. For DITA-based templates, I have included
hyperlinks to the DITA Language
Specification<http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.1/CD01/langspec/ditaref-type.html#topic>for
more tips on usage and examples.

You've made a good point here: "document your template" (for yourself and
your colleagues). This is also rule n° 1 of my FrameMaker Template Design
classes.

Cheers

--
Yves Barbion • Managing Director • Adobe-Certified FrameMaker Instructor
www.scripto.nu  • skype: yves.barbion  • T: +32 494 12 01 89