Inventory of Template Features

Pinkham, Jim Jim.Pinkham at voith.com
Tue May 12 06:20:25 PDT 2009

I think what we do is a bit ancillary to what you're asking, Nancy, but
I'll mention it, FWIW. On the title page of our manuals, we include a
variable that we populate, but not insert or print, called "Version."
There we'll say something such as this: "5/12/2009 -- This manual was
created using our new April 2009 U.S. FM 9.0 template, and based upon
the previous manual for Order No. 99999999, the ThermoFrazzler O-WOW for
Acme Paper, Timbuktu, AL." It gives us a point of reference when we go
to do an updated manual for the next ThermoFrazzler. Or when we try to
figure out why and how a specific manual may have deviated from the norm
for similar manuals.

Jim