Frame vs Indesign vs alternatives??

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue May 12 10:47:06 PDT 2009

Laurie,
I think you're overlooking the primary difference between the two
programs -- what they're designed to do.

* FM excels at long-document management, projects where most layout is
driven by a finite set of templates, and situations where
documentation is single-sourced to multiple output formats.

* InDesign is Adobe's Pagemaker replacement and is designed to work
better in an environment where many pages use, or require,
design-driven manual tweaking.

I've used both, and each has a place in a writer's toolbox, but the
most important consideration is the type of content and the
requirements of the end-user.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com