Possible to suppress Save As XML via structapps.fm setting?

Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh at cap-studio.de
Wed May 13 00:26:43 PDT 2009

Good morning colleagues,

I have a structured application with some XSL preprocessing that
removes certain data from the XML source when opened by FrameMaker.

Now I want to make sure that the user does not accidentally save this
document/book as XML again. Currently I present a warning based on an
script that monitors the NotePreSaveXML event, but I would prefer a
solution independent of additional software.

Do you know of a way to configure the XMLApplication in the
structapps.fm to block Save As XML? To raise an error would be
acceptable.

Thanks,

- Michael Müller-Hillebrand

Michael Müller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologie
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lösungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog: http://cap-studio.de/ - Tel. +49 (9131) 28747