Hypertext/Linking Problems and WebWorks

Kristy Nolan Kristy.Nolan at wnco.com
Wed May 13 07:04:10 PDT 2009

Hi, all!

I have a manual that we are trying to clean up past formatting issues.
According to what I have read (I don't know much about this function), I
can link to other documents using the Hypertext dialog box, choosing the
"Go to URL Command" and entering the actual address. This works fine in
Frame when I save as View Only and when I save as PDF. These look nicer
in my draft document too, with just the link in blue.

However, this manual actually gets published by running it through
WebWorks Publisher Pro (yes, older). All of the links I have set up the
above way don't work. All of the older format links do. Those older
links look something like this:
for Leaders</a>
This confuses many of the people who are reviewing these as PDFs,
wanting to know why this "garbage" is in there, and what is really what
they'll see.

So, how do I get it to look nice on the draft side, and still work and
look right on the publish side?

Thanks for any and all advice!
Kristy

Kristy Nolan
Manager, Ground Operations
Central Publications HDQ-1CP
Southwest Airlines
2702 Love Field Dr.
Dallas, TX 75235

                            ******* CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE *******

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.