Hypertext/Linking Problems and WebWorks

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed May 13 11:24:13 PDT 2009

Kristy Nolan wrote:
> I wanted to clarify - the html text isn't showing up in the
> post-WebWorks-ed files, only in the original Frame docs, and
> corresponding PDFs.

I can think of two solutions:

1)  Create two condition tags (e.g., Draft, Publish) and duplicate every
link, once for each style; tag with the appropriate condition and
show/hide appropriately before sending to WWPP or Distiller.

2)  Publish to WWPP and then use
Acrobat File > Create PDF > From Multiple Files
                        or > From Web Page
depending on WWPP's output.

(Neither is very appealing in terms of workload/maintenance or
usability.  Can't you just educate your reviewers??)

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Ah, but a man's screech should exceed his rasp, or what's a violin for?"

--with apologies to Robert Browning and the people next door