Motivating end users to read the user manual

Garnier Garnier garnier_framescript at yahoo.co.in
Tue May 12 04:13:25 PDT 2009

Hi listers,

I would like some feedback on this issue which I am sure most of us face. Please write to me directly as most of the time the mails form forums bounces and I do not receive them. Not sure about the reason.

I put in a lot of effort to create an exhaustive training material. It includes all information in detail and all the steps too are documentented in simple English. The training material is very technical and includes all the required details and instructions. Still none of the engineers bother to read the contents and when they are at the customer site for training they start complaining that nothing is working. The engineers are familiar with the product no doubt about it but there are certain "do's" that they ought to know and which is documented in the training material which none bother to read.

I welcome suggestions for improvement in the document or otherwise that will prompt the end user to read the training material contents instead simply complaining "nothing is working".

B/R
Garnier

      Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo! Edition http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/firefox/?fr=om_email_firefox