New Topic: Sort by number

Susan Curtzwiler SusanCu at vmc.com
Tue May 26 19:25:17 PDT 2009

HI ALL,

Using FMKR 7.0, Acrobat Distiller 5.0, Vista Enterprise on HP laptop.

Thanks so much for all your help with the alpha sort last week. Now, the team wants me to sort by number.

For example:  023 StarTrek, 012 Gone With the Wind, 063 The L.A. Story.
We want to have the names of the Work Instructions listed by their corresponding number, like this:

012 StarTrek
023 Gone With the Wind
063 The L.A. Story

So far what I have done is to copy a small test section of my alpha file to Word, sort by number and then take it back to FrameMaker.  However, then, I don't have the hyperlink to the FM file anymore.

Any suggestions to get the same results as the alpha sort -- only need to point and click in the final PDF to access the desired file?

Thanks,
Sue Curtzwiler
susancu at vmc.com