New Topic: Sort by number

Susan Curtzwiler SusanCu at vmc.com
Wed May 27 08:49:39 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Thanks again for your help.
Frame 7 on Vista Enterprise

Yes, I did take a small sample and used the table in Frame to sort by columns, that looks okay, but will this retain the links like a regular TOC, can I make this a generated list and remove  the table borders?

The titles of the Work Instructions do have a paragraph tag and currently presented as shown below on the first page of the Work Instruction.  This generates fine as a Table of Contents.

Current Set Up:   (only in the order as presented in each chapter, no alpha or numeric order)
Gone With the Wind (023)
StarTrek (012)
The L.A. Story (063)

Want to be Set Up: (a new generated list to put all 60+ titles in numeric order)    I have the alpha order to work with, I can move the WI number to the front of the title, just need to make it with links.   I can place them in a table and do the sort by column -- then what?

012 StarTrek
023 Gone With the Wind
063 The L.A. Story

This new arrangement would provide the users (floor technicians and trainers) a faster way to locate the Work Instruction in the Runbook.  With a generated list, then in the PDF file, they can point and click, just like in the TOC.

Finally, I want to name this list as a Quick Index and place it at the end of the book.  Can I do that as an appendix, or leave it as a generated file and simply move it to the end of the book file?

Thanks,
Sue