Difficulty Creating a TOC

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri May 29 08:58:55 PDT 2009

Art Campbell wrote:
> Since those are para tags and not variables, Fred's solution is also
> what I'd do.
>
> There seems to be another problem though, in the order in which the
> paratags are read in the TOC, because your example shows them out of
> order. To fix that, I believe all you need to do is re-order the
> strings in the Contents block on the Reference page, but you'd need to
> test that.
>
> *** You may want to make a backup copy of your TOC file before you
> start making the mods...***

Re-ordering the strings on the ref. page *may* work, but I have a
feeling the DateRev pgf is occurring before the RevNum pgf in the
chapter file.  I believe that would cause the result we see now, since
the TOC gets built in the order the pgfs are encountered in the text.

If I'm right, then the OP needs to re-arrange the content pages so the
two pgfs occur in the order he wants to see them in the TOC, and then
use Fred's run-in pgf setting in the designer to get them on one line.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Ah, but a man's screech should exceed his rasp, or what's a violin for?"

--with apologies to Robert Browning and the people next door