HUGE Problem with Adobe TCS2 and Distiller

Spectrum Writing info at spectrumwritingllc.com
Wed Nov 11 11:53:59 PST 2009

All,

Summary of issues;

1.) When I tried to create a PDF using Adobe FM 9 and Adobe Acrobat Pro
Extended 9, here is the message that got immediately in Distiller:

Adobe PostScript software version: 3018.101

Adobe PDF Settings file read error in PDFX4 2008.joboptions:

/CheckCompliance out of range

After trying every known resolution to solve this (it locked my system so
badly that I had to do a reboot), I took the advice from Adobe's KB and
attempted to run the uninstall/reinstall features using my TCS2 installation
disk, uninstall through control panel, and a Windows uninstaller, here is
what I have encountered:

the program folders for Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 C:\Program Files
(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2\Adobe Acrobat) will not
delete - under no circumstances can I get these deleted -

1.) when I say uninstall Adobe Acrobat pro 9 using TCS2 uninstall, it says
that Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 is NOT installed on my system.

2.) when I go to the control panel, nothing is showing for TCS2 or Adobe
Acrobat Pro 9

3.) when I open Windows Install clean and even Revo uninstaller, NOTHING
shows for adobe Acrobat Pro 9.

so, when I try to install using my TCS2 installation disks, FM9 and RH8
install, then the system craps out on Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended and I can't
get past this and as  result, I can't install Captivate and Photoshop.

when I try to manually delete these folders C:\Program Files
(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2\Adobe Acrobat these are
the messages that I get:

You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder

or

The action cannot be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in
another program and I have absolutely NOTHING else open.

I called Adobe support and quite frankly, it was useless. The tech. that did
answer the phone could only parrot back my problem and offer no help and she
took my information and said that I would get a call back within 24-48 hours
and that DOES ME NO GOOD as I have client deadlines  or I could pay through
the nose and get immediate support.

WITF should I pay for this? I can't even go there right now.

any and all advice is appreciated.

Tammy  Van Boening

Owner/Principal

Spectrum Writing, LLC