Final summary TCS2

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Fri Nov 13 16:32:08 PST 2009

As one who has faced similar with CS4 on three occasions, on two
different computers but both running OS X, I feel your pain. After
spending quite some considerable time in the first episode trying to
figure out what had happened and reading various blogs and reports on
the issues involved then trying and failing with the patching
application from Adobe, for each case a complete uninstall (and
manually removing any previous preferences, etc.) then reinstall was
required. That means hours of lost productive time. Time that I cannot
charge for.

I am at the moment considering how much work would be involved in
creating a LaTeX class file or using TeX for a current 650 page book I
am doing. There is a much greater sense of security in taking that
approach for me. I am quite comfortable with doing that.

Of course in this part of the world phone support is generally out of
the question, so that only leaves the interweb solutions such as the
KB. But really, you should count yourself lucky because you actually
got a response from your queries and on this list. I never have.

Alan

PS You might appreciate this after what you have been through:
http://www.hauraki.co.nz/content/web/Title_01.wmv

--
Alan T Litchfield
AlphaByte