Conditional text

Thu Nov 19 15:41:22 PST 2009

Art Campbell wrote:

> If it was me, I'd use two empty paragraph tags, each anchoring one of
the
> graphics.
> Then apply the condition to the entire paragraph, including the
anchor.
<snip>

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Diana Stock <Diana.Stock at wnco.com>
wrote:

> >  Thanks for such a quick reply Art,
> >

> > I just used one Anchor and applied the condition, should I have two
> > separate tags/Anchors?
> >

> > Maybe I am just too tired to think - but I am not getting it.  I did
this
> > years ago - but my age must be getting the best of me!
> >

> > Diana

I've done it just as Art described -- works fine. Just be sure the pgfs
containing the anchors don't have any Keep With settings that change how
the text flows when one or the other is hidden.

Scott's suggestion should work fine, too. The en space he suggests is
just to keep the anchor symbols separated so you can tell there are two
and apply a different condition to each.

Diana, I don't understand what you mean by "I just used one Anchor" --
each graphic is in its own anchored frame, right? Each anchored frame
has its own anchor. You want to apply the condition either to the anchor
symbol for the frame or to the entire paragraph, if each anchor is in
its own paragraph.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer