Frame 9 Scroll Bar Lockup

Oran Petersen orandeep at comcast.net
Tue Nov 24 08:16:19 PST 2009

I am using Frame 9 from a TCS2 package (XP). For me the many qwirks and bugs in the new interface have been less than pleasurable. I finally have a saved workspace that I can live with.

One bug that is very frustrating for me is the vertical scroll bar locking up and becoming inoperable using the mouse. Clicking above or below the elevator does nothing. Attempting to drag the elevator does nothing. One solution I have found is untabbing the file, but what a pain. The lockup is not 100 percent. The scroll will work OK, and then just stop, presumably because of some action that I have not been able to determine. So instead of doing my work I find myself playing with it to get it back. Has anyone else seen this and have a better solution to get it back, or better yet to stop the lockup?

Also, has anyone reported the "change of behavior" with the "Fit Window to Page" relationship to Zoom? Before Frame 9, after selecting "Fit Window" you could change the zoom and the "Fit" would follow automatically as long as you did not manually change the fit with the mouse. With Frame 9 this no longer works. You must often re-select the "Fit" after each zoom, but again not 100 percent of the time . A minor nuance, but new interfaces should not break existing functionality. With Frame 9 the interface broke a number of things.