Upgrading FM from 7.1 to 9

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 25 09:30:53 PST 2009

Lynn,
I haven't upgraded to FM9, yet. It might happen in the near future though.

In all the upgrades I have done with FrameMaker in the past, to get your
documents updated just open and save. Everything should work just fine.

As far as those members of your team that are staying on an earlier release,
you would need to do a SaveAs FM7.x any documents that you send to them. You
would need to do this each and every time, so getting everyone on the same
version as soon as possible would save you some work. Also, if you use any
of the new features of FM9, you will lose them when you SaveAs FM7.x.

I don't use WebWorks, but if memory serves me, every time you upgrade FM you
upgrade WebWorks. This can get pretty expensive if you have a lot of users.

David Spreadbury
Sr. Technical Writer