Problems Generating TOC on Newly Translated File

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Wed Nov 25 11:58:52 PST 2009

Richard:

I always tweak the layout (making changes to column widths, breaking text streams in better places, etc). I have found that no matter how much you pay for DTP they never get it exactly right - so I don't pay for final DTP costs and do it myself. We often go the extra step of sending a completed/tweaked manual to an in-country proofer (native speakers with expertise in our field) and I have never had a complaint regarding this issue.

FYI: All my manuals are laid out with numbered headings so I always know exactly where I am regardless of language (and I actually have a degree in Spanish so for this language, understanding the content is no problem).

Rick Quattro gave me some invaluable help over the phone so I (he) figured out where my inexperience had led me astray - I didn't have the correct formats selected for inclusion in the TOC.

Maybe in 10 years I'll have this program completely figured out!

Alison

Alison Craig, Technical Writer
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation
Tel: (604) 279-8550, ext 127