serious problem with users FM 9

Wim Hooghwinkel - idtp wim at idtp.eu
Thu Nov 26 02:41:25 PST 2009

Hi,

Does any of you recognise this: for a client I created a FM app (FM9) and
modified the struct apps file for this. Now an employee logs in on the same
computer but with a different user name - and the modified struct aps is not
found. Apparently it has been stored in the local user folder of the person
who logged in when we modified the struct apps file. So it seems that
anytime someone makes a change (normally only the admin of course) the
central struct apps file must be replaced manually. Is there no other option
for this - like deactivating the local struct apps file in the user folder?

How does FM read the struct apps - does it first read the struct apps file
in the FM Installation folder and then the one in the user folder and what
happens with conflicting settings?

Thanks,

Kind regards, vriendelijke groet,

Wim Hooghwinkel

iDTP - Technical Communication Consultant

Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in FrameMaker

tel. +31652036811
Skype wimhooghwinkel
Twitter @idtp @NLDITA
 <mailto:info at idtp.eu> info at idtp.eu