FW: Frame Postscript Output Problem

Janice Swanson jswanson at iders.ca
Mon Oct 5 08:23:34 PDT 2009

Scott:

I tried to send this message last week, but it did not seem to get through.
I have just joined frameusers.com and have never posted before, but have
been lurking and learning.

In your original post you indicated that your client could create a pdf
successfully by using Save As. Are there any problems with that method? I
ask because I went through this issue when I first learned that it is "best
practice" to set your default printer and print to Adobe PDF (which I did
using the Sundorne utility). As with your client, printing to Adobe PDF,
however, would produce no output. I tried all of the things that have been
suggested to you on this forum. I've seen nothing new here that I had not
tried. Nothing changed - I still could never get any output. I did discover
though that using the Save As method produces PDFs quickly with no missing
text or similar issues that used to be reported when using Save As, so I
have been using the Save As PDF method successfully ever since.

(This is me touching wood...) I'm not sure what I'll do if Save As PDF stops
working for me, but hopefully I never have to cross that bridge.

Janice Swanson,

Technical Writer