Replace on part of a wildcards search

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Mon Oct 5 14:24:38 PDT 2009

The FM9 Help online has a bunch of find/search pages, but not this
GREP-like stuff at all. However, I took the hint from the earlier
mention in this thread to check out the keystroke shortcuts, and, in
addition to being knocked out to see the seemingly unabridged list of
every possible FrameMaker keystroke shortcut, there, on page 499, is a
two-column sub-section called "With Use Wildcards Turned On," in a
table titled "Keys for Finding and Changing," that shows the seven
example searches. Technically, other than the Ctrl+F keystroke
shortcut to open Find, the search strings need to be typed manually.
This is one of the two occurrences of "wildcard" in the whole manual.
There are no example results, as in the three-column example in the
earlier releases' documentation.

So, I retract my previous statement that there's no hint of this
feature in FM9 docs; there's a hint, it's just not in the index, and
only findable by searching for "wildcard."

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices