Changing the Default PDF Author

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Tue Oct 13 02:42:03 PDT 2009

Joseph,

You wrote:

 > I use FrameMaker 9 to generate PS files and then acrobat distiller to
 > generate PDFs from the PS files. When I generate the PDF, by default the
 > author name is set to my windows login. I know how to manually change it,
 > but I thought there might be a way to modify the default author name so that
 > I don't have to manually change it each time. That way when I generate a PDF
 > I will always know the correct string is being used in the author name
 > field.

You can populate default PDF metadata through File > File Info (at the FM
book or document level).

The Windows login shows up as the Author in the PDF when the Author field
in FrameMaker's File Info is empty.

Shlomo Perets, www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/TCS training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants