Beware the Inadvertent Global Search and Replace

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Fri Oct 16 00:38:29 PDT 2009

> 2009/10/14 David Dorbin <ddorbin at gmail.com>:

> Now in Frame 9, when I press ctrl-f, the Find/Change pod displays, but
> the cursor is rarely waiting there in the text box. In fact, the
> "focus" seems to be unpredictable.

There is still the hidden (not availiable in menus) dialog "Set up
Find/Replace Options" which you get with ESC, f, i, s
This dialog selects the already present text in the search field -
which the Search/Replace does'nt dialoge even in FM 8.

When you have set up this and dismissed with ENTER then Find/Replace
with CTRL+f will show the item in the first field selected - but on the
next call of this dialog it is not selected any more ... (tested in FM-
9).

While this is useful for automating (send keystrokes to FM by a pgm),
it is not very helpful for manual work.

Klaus Daube