Framemaker installed under Administrator

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Fri Oct 16 12:56:24 PDT 2009

Scott,

I think he is being unreasonable, especially to suggest that you " get
with Adobe and have them fix this or get answers to his problem". He
is just going to have to learn that he can't always have everything
his own way.

There is no point in comparing FrameMaker with Photoshop and InDesign
installations, permissions, etc. They are entirely different
applications and have different histories and, I am sure,
architectures. Just because they are developed by the same company,
Adobe, does not mean they are therefore exactly the same in all
respects.

Of the suggestions I read earlier, uninstalling and reinstalling with
the "available for all users" option selected is the best course of
action. Either that or fiddling with the folder and file permissions
until it is all working but that may also break other things or open
the system as vulnerabilities.

If he does not want to allow the user to have access to the
application then he must accept that he is refusing to let this person
do their work and will probably need to explain why his attitude is
worth more than their productivity to the company.

The suggestions to date are normal in the course of events.

Alan