Adobe's upgrade rort

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Wed Oct 21 05:29:40 PDT 2009

Or, it could be that the lower price in the Netherlands is mandated by their
government through "price controls".

Rick

On 19 Oct 2009 at 9:49, Michael Müller-Hillebrand wrote:

> In the past there were two editions of FrameMaker: an English-only
> version, and an international version which could be installed with
> English, French, German, or Japanese UI. I don't know if that is still
> true.

Well, let's stop the rant about Adobe's behaviour in this area.

I have just read in the news that in Switzerland certain medical drug
gernerica have a 30 fold price (!) compared to The Netherlands, which
are 'equally rich and prosperous'. In this case obviously a government
agency bowed vis à vis the pharma industry.

Klaus Daube