PDF to FM9

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Fri Oct 23 13:00:04 PDT 2009

Hi, Kelly

I use a commercial "PDF-to-Word" tool and bring it into RTF, because the
Adobe PDF Professional "output as a RTF" is pretty darn useless, IMHO.

Yes, there is still some residual overhead in getting the FrameMaker doc
right, but much better than any other approach that I have found.

For a typical 100+ page document, the process takes me on the order of a
day or two to bring into FrameMaker. Then, life is fine for making
changes to the document - the usual reason for doing this process! :)

BTW, there are a nunmber of such PDF-to-Word tools available ... my
early experience some years ago was with one of the early ones: Nuance
(formerly scansoft) PDF Convertor Pro (www.nuance.com) so I have stuck
with it. YMMV, of course.