Framemaker 8 document won't print photo

Gordon Maney gmaney at mestek.com
Mon Oct 26 07:39:24 PDT 2009

I have used Framemaker for about eight years. I have had very few
problems with documents. I now have a document that won't print a photo
imported as a .jpg file. I do this all the time and have no problems. I
discover it is the document and not the photo. I am unsure as to why
this problem developed, and have made some tests with alternative
images, to no avail. It prints a gray box, as it would if the link for a
linked photo was broken. I always use the copy into document approach.

The document will generate a .pdf that prints successfully, which tells
me something.

I am going to try a new document, copying and pasting all contents of
this one into it. No matter what, I can get past this document. I am
wondering if anyone can shed useful light on this, enabling me to avoid
such a situation in the future.

Thank you for your help,
Gordon Maney