Key combo for Keep with Next?

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Oct 28 07:37:09 PDT 2009

Shmuel Wolfson wrote:
> Applying Keep with Next in this way is basically making exceptions to
> the paragraph styles. It's not the type of thing they would make a
> shortcut key for.

Actually, it *is* the type of thing they would make a shortcut key for,
but apparently didn't.

There are shortcuts for placing a pgf at top of:
Page (Esc j P)
Column (Esc j C)
Left Page (Esc j L)
Right page (Esc j R)

and for aligning:
centre (Esc j c)
left (Esc j l)
right (Esc j r)
full (Esc j f)

-- all of which are overrides.  But oddly, there doesn't seem to be a
shortcut for Keep With Next.

Not that it matters to me.  I don't use overrides except in one-offs
like brochure layouts; they cause too much trouble in books.

best,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

"He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand
your words."

-- Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915)