Filepaths (was Re: Mif2Go graphics question)

Les Smalley l_c_smalley at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 06:05:05 PDT 2009

Never, really?  Only letters and digits?

Since I started in the Unix world (oh so long ago), I personally hate the use of spaces in file names and directory paths, but have always used an underscore in its place if really necessary to help clarify the name.  Extra periods also can be used, it just looks awkward to my eyes.

The plus  symbol is  very dangerous as you point out, and although legal I don't like using a minus (hyphen) either (as it looks too much like the unix command/param switch to me).  Quotes and apostrophes are a disaster IMO as well.

Just my $0.02

– Les Smalley