can a chapter in a book be set to conditional?

Ragnar Hanas ragnar.hanas at betamed.se
Thu Sep 10 00:22:13 PDT 2009

I have produced 2 books from one using conditional text for UK and US
spelling and metric units and those parts of the text that are different.
The forewords are different, and here whole pages are conditional. If you
have the appendix in a different file, you could just make that whole text
conditional, and in the book where the appendix is not needed, you would
just be adding an extra blank page when all the conditional text is hidden
(or insert a conditional picture on this page if you don't want it blank). I
much prefer to have only one book, since most of the updates are needed in
both language versions.
Ragnar Hanas
Uddevalla Hospital
Sweden