Tab in multi-line TOC entry does not work

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Tue Sep 29 08:43:55 PDT 2009

Hi Nancy,

Yes. As others already said, add more tabs between
<$paratext> and <$chapnum>.

However, you do not need 1 per line.

You have to add as many tabs so that there will be at
least the same number of tabs in the last line as in
regular first lines.

Examples:

Figure 1.6:xxxxxxxxxtab1-8
Here you have a single tab. When you add a soft return
you still have your single tab before the page number.
You do not need additional tabs:
Figure 1.6:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxtab1-8

Figure 1.6:tabxxxxxxxxxtab1-8
Here you have two tabs. When you add a soft return you
have only a single tab before the page number in the
second line. The first one between the figure number
and the figure title is missing:
Figure 1.6:tabxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxtab1-8

With an additional tab it works:
Figure 1.6:tabxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxtabtab1-8

This is the same if you would have 3 lines. Still you
need only 2 tabs in the last line:
Figure 1.6:tabxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxtabtab1-8

I guess you can calculate how many tabs you need, if you
would have an additional tab between "Figure" and the
figure number.

Therefore you have to do this:
o Make sure that the indentation of the second line matches
  the first tab.
o Add a single tab between <$paratext> and <$chapnum>.
  But more do not harm.

Best regards

Winfried