Creating right tab with leader consisting of unbroken (mid) line [resend]

Michael Kerrisk michael.kerrisk at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 30 19:56:08 PDT 2009

Hi Art, Les, and all,

Winfried off list also pointed out to me how the way to use em-dash or
en-dash here.

This solution is nearly good enough, There is one small problem: the
resulting leader does not quite begin at the left margin. I suppose
that this is because a whole number of dashes doesn't exactly fit to
the flow width, so there is a little space left over at the start of
the line. I found a solution for this, but it is not optimal: place a
stretched em-dash at the start of the line (i.e., before the tab that
creates the leader). I say that this is not optimal because it will
require additional manual work, and there are hundreds of cases. Is
there a better way of ensuring that the leader starts flush with the
left margin?

Cheers,

Michael

--