FM > RH Integration: Broken Link to Book, the Fatal Flaw?

CDMiller grammatophile at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 10:33:22 PDT 2010

I have run more tests  and am verging on certainty that this is a
conditional text problem - at least for my projects.

That is, I have three RH six RH projects linking to the same FM book. Three
in English, three in Japanese.

When I port the RH projects to a different directory and open them, I do not
receive the relink request. If I attempt to update from the book, the
project crashes and the cpd is corrupted.

I can, however, delete the book and re-add by reference. I can only do this,
though, for the project in English. When I try to do it for the Japanese
projects, RH crashes completely. After the crash, I cannot delete the book,
nor can I update, nor do anything much else. If I do continue trying to
delete the book, the project becomes corrupted and useless.

I am not completely convinced that the problem is a conditional text issue,
however. As I noted, my buddy from the Philippines had the same crash
scenarios, but he was not using conditional text that includes other
languages.

That is my story, and I am sticking with it.

Charles