Revision histories - xrefs

Milton, Cynthia cynthia.milton at serco.com
Thu Apr 8 04:15:52 PDT 2010

Classification: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

I try to use x-refs where possible for these. That way they still point
to the appropriate place in the doc when other stuff has been
added/moved/deleted. And when something's been deleted I just convert
the x-ref to text. Bit untidy, but satisfies the Config people.

------------------------------
If someone has a better solution for being able to provide a mechanism
for recording the revisions to a procedure i.e., Rev. 1 : Removed
references to Fig 2. and updated weight of tank contents - Change made
by Peter Cottontale. 12/24/2009. I am really trying to avoid doing this
via a database because of the issues with managing the data eg., if the
user changes the titles it has to be updated in the database. I really
think that using cross- references for this is a better solution. Any
suggestions are appreciated.

K. Grace
------------------------------

Cynthia Milton - 0773 889 5991
Technical Documentation (Cyclamen - Rollestone)

Classification: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

This e-mail and any attachments may contain sensitive and/or
privileged material. It is for the intended addressee(s) only. If you
are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or disclose
such information.

Serco cannot guarantee that the email or any attachments are free
from viruses.

The views expressed in this email are those of the originator and do
not necessarily represent the views of Serco.

Nothing in this email shall bind Serco in any contract or obligation.

Please note that all email messages sent to Serco are subject to
monitoring/interception for lawful business purposes.

Serco Group PLC. Registered in England and Wales. No:
2048608.

Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park,
Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UY.