change tracking annoyance

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Thu Apr 8 23:51:06 PDT 2010

Hi Fred,

When you place the insertion point directly after a word and
before a space and start typing regular characters, FM inserts
the characters in green. As expected.
When you then enter a space, FrameMaker overwrites the existing
space (if you have "Smart Spaces" activated). That way the existing
space gets crossed out in red. However, FM does not add the space
which you just typed as the deleted space still counts for the
"Smart Spaces" feature.

2 solutions:
o Enter the insertion point not directly before a space but after
  the space. Then start typing.
o Turn off "Smart Spaces".

Best regards

Winfried