Frame 7.1 to 8 upgrade -- benefits?

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Fri Apr 9 08:42:04 PDT 2010

We're using FrameMaker 7.1 on XP with SP3. I've been offered the opportunity to upgrade at work. The wikipedia summary of Frame 8.0 says "FrameMaker 8 introduced Unicode,  Flash,  3D and built-in DITA support. A  patch (8.0.1) was released during November, 2007 to fix a number of bugs  and errors."

For my purposes, the Unicode support is a beautiful thing.

Did you derive other benefits that the wikipedia summary does not mention? Did 8.0 make a big difference to you?

(We are cautious about 9.0, don't want to struggle with a buggy interface.)

Thanks.

--Nancy