Text Inset Disappears

Linda Camp LCamp at HorizonSoftware.com
Wed Apr 14 11:35:20 PDT 2010

I am using Unstructured FrameMaker 8.0p266 on Windows XP. We have converted a rather large users guide to include all text insets. When I opened a "main  file" containing text insets, it looked fine.  However, when I double-clicked a text inset, the text inset file that opened was entirely different.  The original text inset file is no longer in the directory. It has actually disappeared from the network drive, but the original text from the inset is still in the "main file".   Has anyone else had anything similar to this? Thoughts we had were:

-          Is there a maximum number of text insets per document or book?

-          While I was working in one "master file," another writer was working in a different "master file" in the same book. Would this cause a problem?
Any experiences/suggestions/workarounds are appreciated!
Thanks

Linda Camp | Horizon Software International | Senior Technical Writer | 770-554-6353 ext. 254 |
www.horizonsoftware.com<http://www.horizon-boss.com/>