recurring decimals (1 FM8 file attached)

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Apr 15 11:13:26 PDT 2010

Hi, Klaus.

Thanks!

That method actually worked very well in certain places in my document, but I have a problem with it in a few others.

In some cases, the dot needs to be above the number, but the very next character is either another number or a letter. For example (contrived but real samples here):

	19.1345...

Where a dot needs to be above _both_ the "1" and the "5", or:

	10.999Z

Where the dot is above the final "9" that is just before the "Z". I actually have three places in this document where I need this constructed example, believe it or not! :)

Anyway, I don't seem to be able to eliminate the space _after_ that digit with the dot using the method you describe unless I am overlooking something simple?

The first example above shows as "19.1 345 " i.e., a space after the 1 and the 5 - the digits that have the dots, and the second example shows as "10.999 Z".

BTW, with a little bit of experimentation, I was able to change the font of the number in the equation to match the other test, so that worked our pretty well (not perfect spacing - particularly after the number with the dot - but usable).

Finally, I was unable to get to that link in your e-mail below ... is that a correct link to your example?

Thanks for the assistance!