TCS install; missing fonts

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu Apr 22 09:28:10 PDT 2010

Win XP SP3
FM 7.0 p579
TCS 2.0 (FM 9.0 p250)

I recently installed TCS and now when I open existing .fm files in
either FM 9 or FM 7, I get missing fonts messages.  I have made no
changes to my system's fonts, so I assume TCS has done so.  So far, the
"missing" fonts are simply variant names of existing fonts, e.g., "can't
find Lucida Bright Semi Bold, using Lucida Bright Demi Bold".  Same
thing for the italic variants, etc.

I searched my hard drive for "Lucida" and find dozens of copies of these
font files in Program Files subfolders called \Adobe, \Java, and
\Hewlett-Packard.  (But XP's Search and Void Software's "Everything"
search engine *don't* find the dozen or so entries that exist in
C:\Windows\Fonts.)

I've assumed I'm safe to use the usual method to get rid of the 'missing
fonts' messages, but I'd like to know what exactly happened here and
why.  Anyone know?

Thanks,

--
Stuart Rogers