TCS install; missing fonts

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu Apr 22 10:55:13 PDT 2010

On 22/04/2010 12:53 PM, David Spreadbury wrote:

> Stuart,
> I would wager that your maker.ini, of your previous install, was
> modified to recognize these "missing fonts". If you still have the old
> installation on your system check the [WindowsToFrameFontAliases]
> section of the maker.ini file. Copy the section and paste it into your
> current version. Oh ya, always make a copy of your existing maker.ini
> before changing it.
> HTH

Nope.  My FM 7 maker.ini was last modified back in October 2009.  After
distilling and printing one of my books, I find that it's not just a
name change from semi to demi bold -- the font itself is different from
what's in the previous printout of that book (and it's ugly).

Looks like I'll have to choose a new font, because it appears that the
TCS installation has overwritten my font files.  Thanks, Adobe.

sr

--

http://www.phoenix-geophysics.com