Utility for Book-Level Searches for Tracked Text Edits

Lief Erickson lief at networkinstruments.com
Tue Apr 27 12:05:16 PDT 2010

If you are using Special > Track Text Edits, there is no change bar automatically. You must have change bars turned on, too. That's two things to turn on/off/clear. With lots of files that quickly becomes a hassle.

Special > Track Text Edits uses two hidden conditional text settings to show what was added or deleted. This has no change bar. And you can't search for these using Find, but you can locate them with the Track Edit tool bar or using this shortcut Esc s t n.

Format > Document > Change Bars shows that something on the line changed, but isn't specific about what changed. Can be searched for using the Find dialog though.

Pick your poison.

-Lief