Structuring documents (was RE: Adobe's New Corporate Strategies)

Ed hamonwry12 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 12:21:59 PDT 2010

Just yesterday I dove again into the Frame 7.2 structure folder, looked at
all of the files - DTD, EDD, MOD, etc. Started reading the XML cookbook, and
you know what? It's just not worth it to me as a solo writer.

Copy and paste is easy and free (unless you're on a 3G iPhone...), and if
the company's going to invest in my job (which they're not), I'd much rather
it be a salary increase. Some of my work includes creating one-page "cheat
sheets" in Adobe Illustrator, and that's one-way content; I'm pretty sure
you can't import XML into Illustrator.

I do see the benefits of the structured approach - I did it at a prior job -
but the barrier to entry is just way too high if you're the only one that's
going to be implementing it.

-=Ed.

Forum'
> Subject: RE: Structuring documents (was RE: Adobe's New Corporate