Trouble with printing PDF file

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Aug 3 21:53:33 PDT 2010

On 4/08/2010, at 8:31 AM, Carmelo Scaffidi wrote:

> I have created a PDF file from a FrameMaker 8 book. When I try
> printing the
> PDF file the printing operation stops at the same page every time I
> retry
> printing. The same thing occurs when I create a PDF from the file in
> the
> book corresponding to the problem.
>

> Attached is the log file generated by Distiller (version 9 pro). The
> PDF
> file stops printing at page 35. Also attached is a PDF file
> extracted from
> the main file (in this file the print stops at page 4).

Bit confused here. You have successfully created a PDF from FM8 (using
Save As?) and you are printing to PDF again. Why?

In any case, if it is stopping on the same page each time then it is
likely to be an artefact that has an error or some such that the
printer driver doesn't like. Normally these include image files that
may have  unusually large numbers of anchor points, unsupported
postscript commands, etc. The best approach is to progressively remove
artefacts and regenerating the PDF and printing from it until you find
that which is causing the problem.

Alan
--
Alan T Litchfield