Text High in Table Cells

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Aug 11 10:53:44 PDT 2010

On 11/08/2010 10:04 AM, Nancy Allison wrote:
> Hello, all. Problem: Text in table cells is high, not centered
> vertically.
>
> Now, here are the details:
>
> I am using FrameMaker 7.1 in Windows XP SP3.
>
> I've checked Table and Paragraph format settings to see if anything
> accounts for the offset, but I can't find any reason for it.
>
> Table format:
>
> --Alignment: CENTER
>
> --Fine line width for all rules everywhere
>
> --Top and bottom cell margins of 1.5 pt
>
> --R and L cell margins of 3 pt
>
> Paragraph format:
>
> Above Pgf and Below Pgf: 3 points
>
> Cell Vertical Alignment: middle
>
> Cell margins: all 0
>

> What is going on? Why isn't the text centered vertically?
>
> Thanks for all suggestions.

Hi Nancy,

I've run into this in FM 7, too.  Don't know why it happens, but my
workaround has simply been to add to the top cell margin in table
designer.  If you select your text in a table cell (zoom to 400% or
600%) you will see that the selection runs into the horizontal rule
above the cell, and partway into the cell above.  Increase the top cell
margin by small amounts and update-all, until the selection highlight is
within the body cell only, and you have the right adjustment.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator