Footnote color

Lief Erickson lief at networkinstruments.com
Tue Aug 17 07:16:20 PDT 2010

Ah, that wasn't clear to me that he wanted just the number in the footnote. I thought he wanted the entire footnote and the number in the text.

Hmmm. Yeah, I don't know how you'd color just the number in the footnote itself, unless you want a hack way to do it.

I could imagine that you could make the default Footnote paragraph tag the color that you want, then use a Character tag (called Black that is set to As-Is except for the color) to change the paragraph color back to black. Be sure there is a space at the end of your footnote that you do not select and include when applying your Character tag though.

Like I said, it's a bit of a hack, but does get you a colored number and black text in your footnotes.

-Lief