Frame 8 pagination in long book

Tina Ricks tina at trialguides.com
Thu Dec 2 12:32:34 PST 2010

Hi there,

I'm working in Frame 8 with a long book that has many short files (1 to
10ish pages each). The files don't all have odd or even numbers of pages,
they vary.

--I want the pages to number sequentially, one to the end.

--I don't care if the first pages of each file start on the left or the
right.

--I do have different left and right headers, so I've set these files up as
2-sided.

--I don't want any blank pages.

In Format > Page Layout > Pagination, I've set these files up as Double
Sided.

In the 1st Page Side drop-down, I can select Right or Left. I really want a
third option that says "Either one." For the moment, my files are set to
Right, but that causes other problems.

Under Before Saving & Printing, I select Don't Change Page Count.

However, when I re-generate the file, all these settings get re-set. If
Frame needs a blank page at the end of one file so the next one can start on
Right (which I don't care about anyway), it adds a blank and changes my
Before Saving & Printing setting to "Make Page Count Even."

One friend suggested I set the pagination at the book file level. However,
if I right-click the book file, Pagination is grayed out.

I really don't want the time-consuming job of setting these for each file
separately (60 of them) and then re-setting and re-setting every time
something changes and one file goes from odd to even and throws off the rest
of the book. I just want the book to flow together, the files starting on
either left or right as needed, with no blank pages. Does anyone know how to
do this?

Tina Ricks | Managing Editor | Trial Guides

tina at trialguides.com

http://www.trialguides.com <http://www.trialguides.com/>