MIF to SVG

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Tue Dec 7 12:02:31 PST 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 12:31:12 -0500, Art Campbell <art.campbell at gmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm not sure because I don't use SVG (since Adobe stopped supporting
>it), but I recall that MIF2go supports it as an output format for the
>contents of anchored frames. May want to double check, but that may
>give you a route to create the graphic files.

That's correct; in mif2htm.ini, you set:

[FDK]
GraphicExportFormat=SVG

Then Mif2Go tells Frame to use its native SVG export
filter.  Note that we did *not* write that filter; it
is Adobe's.  So if it does not match your needs, we
can do nothing about it.

You don't need to purchase Mif2Go to do this export.
The demo version works fine.  In the Export dialog,
select "Write for anchored frames".  To save time,
you may also want to check "Write only graphics,
no text".

We do write our own WMF graphics, when you export
to WinHelp, so those are better quality than the
native Frame WMF used for the HTML/XML exports.
We plan to write our own SVGs at some point too,
but so far demand has not justified the substantial
programming effort required.

HTH!