Job Opening Near Seattle

Owen, Clint Clint.Owen at craneaerospace.com
Fri Dec 17 07:44:08 PST 2010

We finally got permission to hire another writer, after being woefully
understaffed for a couple of years.

This is a full time on site position for someone who has some actual
maintenance experience in their background. Most of us are ex military.
We are in Lynnwood, Washington, which is north of Seattle.

You can find all of the details on the company website:

http://www.craneae.com/Careers/CareersOpen.aspx

Here are the important parts:

Minimum Requirements:

*         Experience: 5+ years experience in preparing technical manuals
and related product support data. At least two years fault isolation and
repair experience in a manufacturing or maintenance shop environment.
*         Knowledge: Working knowledge of electronics technology,
including theories of electrical circuit operation, testing procedures,
calibration, and technical specification interpretation. Working
knowledge of aerospace specifications and standards governing data
development and delivery.
*         Skills: Excellent computer skills, including the use of
various computer-based technical publishing and illustration tools.
Experience in using both FrameMaker and MS Office is very desirable.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
*         Education/Certification: Associate of Arts degree in
Electronics or equivalent experience.
*         Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR
rules) to be eligible.

Responsibilities:

*         Perform successfully in a dynamic environment while
coordinating multiple tasks with changing priorities and schedule
pressures.
*         Independently collect and interpret product design and
manufacturing documentation and identify gaps and interview subject
matter experts as needed.
*         Write product descriptions and maintenance procedures, and
prepare related illustrations, by adapting existing information or by
developing new content through independent analysis.
*         Collaborate effectively with diverse individuals and product
teams from a wide variety of internal and external groups.
*         Support and attend engineering working group meetings,
presentations, customer audits, and formal design reviews as assigned.
*         Use and enforce established standards for maintenance
documentation and illustrations to produce material that complies with
format, content and regulatory requirements.
*         Exhibit strong detail orientation and technical accuracy,
balanced with high productivity.
*         Satisfy budget and schedule commitments.
*         Review customer documents to identify and understand
deliverable data requirements for assigned programs.
*         Prepare data development cost estimates, document related
assumptions, and identify risk areas.
*         Manage projects outsourced to vendors; prepare data
preparation instructions and schedules, provide relevant product design
data, review delivered documents, provide feedback and/or make
corrections as applicable.
*         Guide or assist with the activities of junior writers as
assigned.
*         Plan and carry out assignments with a moderate level of
direction and supervision.

I hope we can hire someone from this list.

Thanks,

Clint Owen | Sr. Technical Writer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics | +1
425 743 8674 | Fax: +1 425 743 8113
Check out the new Crane Aerospace & Electronics Newsroom!
http://newsroom.craneae.com
Like us on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Crane-Aerospace-Electronics/163305413682908

We value your opinion!  How may we serve you better?
Please click the survey link to tell us how we are doing:
http://www.craneae.com/ContactUs/VoiceofCustomer.aspx
Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us. Thank you for your time.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics Confidentiality Statement:
The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any
unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from
your electronic files.