Issue while importing FM 7.1 mif file in RoboHelp 8

Fri Dec 17 12:48:28 PST 2010

Neeraj Jain wrote:

> I have FM 7.1 and RH 8 installed on my Windows XP system. Whenever I try to
> import a frame mif, I get an error which says something like "Failed.
> Invalid
> character in filename". My files do not contain any special characters.
>
> What could be the cause?

What could be the filename? :-)

You're more likely to get some help if you tell us the exactly what the error message was (not "something like" what it was), and if you provide the entire file path and name. Note that the problem could be in the path, not in the name of the file.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom