Unable to select, conditionalise, hide/show a variable in a text frame on left of master page

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 1 07:27:29 PST 2010

Winfried wrote:

> I do not know, if this is related to your problem.
> I noticed a problem when importing the page layout with
> hidden text. I have a footer with text "draft" and the
> exact time. This text has a condition "draft". When I
> hide this condition and import the page layout into
> another file, the hidden text is not imported. If the
> condition is shown, the text is imported.

It may be a problem in the sense that it trips you up when you don't remember about it, but this is simply the way that FrameMaker works. When conditionalized content on a master page is hidden, FrameMaker treats it as if it does not exist at all when performing an import page layout operation. This is by design so that you can have an all-inclusive template but be able to import only the elements that are relevant into another file by hiding the elements you don't want.

-Fred Ridder